From February 2023 the light source CFL will disappear followed in September 2023 by the light source FL. This is laid down in the Single Lighting Regulation (SLR)
and agreed at the European level. Previously, incandescent lamps and halogen lamps have already disappeared from the market.
The reason for banning these types of light source is twofold. On the one hand because there are more energy-efficient alternatives, and on the other because they use hazardous substances such as lead and mercury.
An overview of which type of light source will disappear as of September 1, 2023:
- CFL ni - as of February 2023
- Longlife LFL - as of February 2023
- FL T5/T16 - per September 2023
- FL T8/T26 - per September 2023
- FL R T5/16 mm - per September 2023